Tea at the Crossroads: Conventional or Green?
- Thursday, 06/15/2017: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Room: N237
- Session Number:
Notwithstanding the Chemical versus Organic agriculture debate, now the “green” growers of tea are dividing into Sustainable, Organic, and Biodynamic camps – with impressive certificates to verify their zeal. Just what is the difference between these methods? Which is best? How valid are certificates and seals? Which, if any, system should you support? Which system will win out in the end? And which is better for the future of tea?
• The basis difference between the competing systems
• What the certificates claim and what you can expect
• Which systems can cope with an ever-increasing demand for tea
• Which systems are tenable in an under resourced world
• How tea growing might look in 30-years’ time