- Tuesday, 06/13/2017: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Room: N234
- Session Number:
“Crowdfunding”: An alternative option for supplementing or even completely funding a project, without having to deplete your own savings or taking out a loan. It works by way of generosity, word of mouth, good marketing and just being comfortable with yourself and your vision. What are some key differences, along with pros and cons, for various crowdfunding p rograms? What types of projects could you try crowdfunding? And why would you want to? Looking at the scenario for a successful campaign – Suzette’s own GoFundMe for TOST (Taiwan Oolong Study Tour) from October 2016– along with other company and creator-owned campaigns, learn about the numerous creative options available to you!
1. Overview of various popular crowdfunding programs, pros and cons.
2. How a GoFundMe campaign works - before, during and after.
3. How to find your supporters in unexpected places,
4. Confront your own fears and insecurity, and inspire others in the process.